National Gazetteer (1868) - Barford
"BARFORD ST. MARTIN, a parish in the hundred of Cawden and Cadworth, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the W. of Salisbury, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £577, in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of All Souls' College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. The Independents have a chapel here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]