National Gazetteer (1868) - Baverstock
BAVERSTOCK, a parish in the hundred of Cawden and Cadworth, in the county of Wilts, 7 miles to the W. of Salisbury. It is situated on the banks of the river Nadder, a little above its junction with the Wily. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £296, in the patronage of the Rector and Fellows of Exeter College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Edith.
HURDCOTT, a hamlet in the parish of Baverstock, county Wilts, 4 miles W. of Wilton.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]