National Gazetteer (1868) - Baydon
"BAYDON, a parish in the hundred of Ramsbury, in the county of Wilts, 8 miles to the N.E. of Marlborough. It is on the confines of Berkshire. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Salisbury, value £110, in the patronage of the Rev. A. Meyrick. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The Wesleyans have a chapel here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]