"BAYDON, a parish in the hundred of Ramsbury, in the county of Wilts, 8 miles to the N.E. of Marlborough. It is on the confines of Berkshire. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Salisbury, value £110, in the patronage of the Rev. A. Meyrick. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The Wesleyans have a chapel here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Baydon area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Baydon, St Nicholas:
- A transcription of the section for Baydon from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Baydon from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Baydon to another place.
- The entry for Baydon from British History Online.
- View maps of Baydon and places within its boundaries.