We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Beechingstoke
"BEECHING, (or Beauchampstoke), a parish in the hundred of Swanborough, in the county of Wilts, 6 miles to the E. of Devizes. It is situated on the banks of the river Avon. The Kennet and Avon canal passes a little to the north of the village. The living is a rectory * in the diocese of Salisbury, vat. £293, in the patronage of G. W. Heneage. Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Stephen."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]