Downtime: The Genuki web service will be unavailable on Tues 24 Apr from 10:00 BST for approximately two hours whilst some software updates are installed.
Open a form to report problems or contribute information
National Gazetteer (1868) - Bishopstrow
"BISHOPSTROW, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, in the county of Wilts, not far from Warminster, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £220, in the patronage of Sir F. D. Astley, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Adeline. Roman urns and many brass coins have been found here. There are remains of a large earthwork on Whiten Hill, near the village. The principal residence is Bishopstrow House."