National Gazetteer (1868) - Blackland
"BLACKLAND, a parish in the hundred of Calne, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles from Calne, its post town. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £160, in the patronage of the Rev. James Mayo. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. Blackland House, the principal mansion, was formerly the seat of the Mann ell family."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]