"BOWER-CHALK, a parish in the hundred of Chalk, in the county of Wilts, 7 miles to the S.W. of Wilton. It lies on the borders of Dorsetshire. The living is a vicarage united with the consolidated vicarage of Broadchalk and Alvediston, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The parish contains an area of 2,966 acres."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]