National Gazetteer (1868) - Brixton Deverill
"BRIXTON DEVERILL, a parish in the hundred of Heytesbury, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the S. of Warminster, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £480, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]