"BRIXTON DEVERILL, a parish in the hundred of Heytesbury, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the S. of Warminster, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £480, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- St Michael, -, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Brixton Deverill area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Brixton Deverill, St Michael:
- A transcription of the section for Brixton Deverill from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Brixton Deverill from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Brixton Deverill to another place.
- View maps of Brixton Deverill and places within its boundaries.