"BRIXTON DEVERILL, a parish in the hundred of Heytesbury, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the S. of Warminster, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £480, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- St Michael, -, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Brixton Deverill area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Brixton Deverill, St Michael:
- A transcription of the section for Brixton Deverill from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Brixton Deverill from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Brixton Deverill to another place.
- View maps of Brixton Deverill and places within its boundaries.