National Gazetteer (1868) - Broad Blunsdon
"BROAD BLUNSDON, a chapelry in the parish of Highworth, hundred of Highworth, Cricklade, and Staple, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the W. of Highworth. Bury Blunsdon is a tything in this chapelry The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage of Highworth, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The Roman road to Cirencester passes at the foot of Blunsdon Castle Hill, on which is an extensive circular encampment."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]