"BULFORD, a parish in the hundred of Amesbury, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the N. of Amesbury, its post town. It is situated on the river Avon, and contains some Druidical stones. The living is a donative curacy in the diocese of Salisbury, value £75, in the gift of Dr. Southby. The church is dedicated to St. John. Here is a small school endowed by Richard Duke."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]