"CALSTONE-WELLINGTON, (or Calstonewillington), a parish in the hundred of Calne, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles to the S.E. of Calne, its post town. The manor was anciently held by the Cantilupes, Zouches, and Willingtons. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £192, in the patronage of the Marquis of Lansdowne. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- St Mary the Virgin, -, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Calstone Wellington area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Calstone Wellington, St Mary:
- A transcription of the section for Calstone Wellington from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Calstone Wellington from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Calstone Wellington to another place.
- The entry for Calstone Wellington from British History Online.
- View maps of Calstone Wellington and places within its boundaries.
Population was 32 in 1831.