CALSTONE-WELLINGTON, (or Calstonewillington), a parish in the hundred of Calne, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles to the S.E. of Calne, its post town. The manor was anciently held by the Cantilupes, Zouches, and Willingtons. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £192, in the patronage of the Marquis of Lansdowne. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- St Mary the Virgin, -, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Calstone Wellington area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Calstone Wellington, St Mary:
- A transcription of the section for Calstone Wellington from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Calstone Wellington from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Calstone Wellington to another place.
- The entry for Calstone Wellington from British History Online.
- View maps of Calstone Wellington and places within its boundaries.
Population was 32 in 1831.