National Gazetteer (1868) - Castle Eaton
"CASTLE EATON, a parish in the hundred of Highworth, Cricklade and Staple, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the N.W. of Highworth. Fairford is its post town. It lies on the confines of Gloucestershire, on the banks of the river Thames, and contains the tything of Lushill. The Thames and Severn canal passes near the village. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £633, in the patronage of the Rev. E. Goddard. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities are of small amount."
"LUSHILL, a tything in the parish of Castle Eaton, hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 3 miles N.W. of Highworth."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]