"CHISENBURY, a tything in the parish of Enford, in the county of Wilts, 8 miles W. of Ludgershall. It is situated on the river Avon, near Chisenbury camp, which occupied a site of 5 acres, and is 595 yards in circuit. The chief residence is Chisenbury Priory."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Chisenbury is also known as Chisbury. According to Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of 1835 it was a tything in the parish of Nether Avon, formed part of the endowment of Chute and Chisenbury in the Cathedral Church of Salisbury, and within the peculiar jurisdiction of the prebendary. The National Index of Parish Registers shows it as a chapelry in Enford.
There is another Chisbury 4 miles West of Hungerford (Grid Ref SU277633), in the parish of Little Bedwyn and adjacent to Great Bedwyn.