National Gazetteer (1868) - Cholderton
"WEST CHOLDERTON, a parish in the hundred and union of Amesbury, in the county of Wilts, 4 miles W. of Amesbury, and 9 from Salisbury. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £225, in the patronage of Oriel College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The charities produce about £12 per annum, and are applied to the support of a school. The principal residence is Cholderton Lodge."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]