Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Collingbourne Ducis
"COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS, a parish in the hundred of Elstub, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles N.W. of Ludgershall. It has acquired the suffix "Ducis" from its having at one period belonged to the duchy of Lancaster, before it came to the Seymours. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £716, in the patronage of the Marquis of Aylesbury. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient stone structure, with tower, for the repair of which the late rector left £100. The chief residence is Collingbourne Lodge, situated 2 miles E. of the village."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]