We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Coombe Bisset
"COOMBE BISSETT, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles S.W. of Salisbury. It is situated on the banks of the Avon. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, value with the curacy of West Harnham annexed, £220, in the patronage of the Prebend of Coombe and West Harnham. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]