National Gazetteer (1868) - Corsley
"CORSLEY, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles W. of Warminster, its post town, and the same distance E. of Frome. It is situated on the borders of Somersetshire, and contains the townships of Great and Little Corsley. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £215, in the patronage of the Marquis of Bath. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is in the early English style, and has been lately rebuilt, chiefly at the expense of the late Marquis of Bath. The charities produce £9 per annum. The Wesleyans and Baptists have each a chapel, and there is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]