National Gazetteer (1868) - Ditteridge
"DITTERIDGE, a parish in the hundred of Chippenham, in the county of Wilts, 6½ miles W.S.W. of Chippenham, and 5½ N.E. of Bath. It is situated near the Great Western railway. There is no village. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £131, in the patronage of W. Northey, Esq., who is lord of the manor. The church is very ancient. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £86 13s."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]