National Gazetteer (1868) - Draycot Cerne
"DRAYCOT CERNE, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, in the county of Wilts, 3½ miles N.E. of Chippenham, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Malmesbury. It is situated on the river Avon, and is crossed by the Great Western railway. The manor was anciently held by the Cerne family, from whom the parish takes the suffix to its name. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £234, in the patronage of the Earl of Mornington, who is lord of the manor, and has a park and mansion at Draycot. The church is an ancient edifice, with a tower. There is a free school for boys, with a small endowment. The other charities amount to about £19 per annum. Saxon arms and implements have been found here"
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]