National Gazetteer (1868) - Durrington
DURRINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Amesbury, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles N.W. of Amesbury, its post town, and 10 N. of Salisbury. It is situated on the river Avon. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Salisbury, value £100, in the patronage of the Dear and Chapter of Winchester. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a modern structure, built on the site of the old one, of which the Norman arcade has been preserved. The register commences in 1591. The Independents have a chapel, and there is a parochial school. In the neighbourhood are remains of a British town called Durrington Malls, or Long Malls, and several barrows.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]