Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - East Coulston
"EAST COULSTON, a parish in the hundred of Whorwelsdown, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles N.E. of Westbury. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £168, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Thomas-a-Becket. Mrs. Delany, the friend of Swift, was born in the village."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]