National Gazetteer (1868) - East Kennett
"EAST KENNET, a parish in the hundred of Selkley, county Wilts, 5 miles S.W. of Marlborough, its post town. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, is situated near the source of the river Kennet. The soil is light and chalky. The impropriate tithes have been commuted fern rent-charge of £58 10s. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £58. The church is a small ancient structure."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]