National Gazetteer (1868) - Easton Grey
EASTON GREY, a parish in the hundred of Chippenham, county Wilts, 4 miles N.W. of Malmesbury, its post town, and 5 S. of Tetbury. The village, which is small, is situated on the road from Bristol to Malmesbury. The river Avon flows through the parish, which is flat, and the soil strong. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £300, in the patronage of the Rev. W. S. Birch. The church, with the exception of the tower, is a modern edifice, built in 1838. There are remains of several Roman stations in the neighbourhood. There is an almshouse for six old women, with an income from endowment of £50 per annum.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]