"EISEY, a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 1 mile N.E. of Cricklade, its post town. It is situated on the river Isis, and includes the tything of Water Eaton. The Severn and Thames canal passes through the parish, which is flat, and occasionally subject to inundation. The living is a vicarage annexed to the vicarage* of Latton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is a small Gothic structure, dedicated to St. Mary. The Earl of St. Germans is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]