National Gazetteer (1868) - Fifield Bavant
FIFIELD-BAVANT, a parish in the hundred of Chalk, county Wilts, 1 mile W. of Broad Chalk, and 6 S.W. of Wilton. Salisbury is its post town. The parish is situated between two ranges of hills extending from Salisbury towards Shaftesbury. The village consists of only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £170. The church is dedicated to St. Martin.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]