National Gazetteer (1868) - Fisherton Delamere
FISHERTON-DE-LA-MERE, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county Wilts, 4 miles E. of Heytesbury, its post town, and 8 N.W. of Wilton. It is situated on the river Wiley, and is intersected by the road from Salisbury to Bath. The Wiley station on the Salisbury line of the Great Western railway is about a mile from the village. The surface is undulating, and the soil chalky. The hamlet of Bapton is included in the parish The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, value £135. The church is a small neat edifice, with tower, rebuilt, with the exception of the chancel, at the expense of the late Mr. Davis in 1833. John Davis, Esq., is lord of the manor. This is a meet for the South Wilts hounds.
BAPTON, a hamlet in the parish of Fisherton de la Mere, and hundred of Warminster, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles from Heytesbury.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]