"BISHOP'S FONTHILL, a parish in the hundred of Downton, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles to the E. of Hindon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £242, in the patronage of the Bishop of Winchester. The church is in the early English style, and is dedicated to All Saints. There are charitable endowments, which produce £11 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]