We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Fovant
"FOVANT, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, county Wilts, 6 miles S.W. of Wilton, and 10 W. of Salisbury, its post town. The Dinton station, on the Salisbury and Exeter branch of the London and South-Western railway, is 2 miles N.E. of the village. The river Avon flows-through the parish. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £465. The church, an ancient edifice with a tower of noble proportions, is dedicated to St. George, and has an antique brass. The register commences in 1541. The charities are about £2 per annum.' There is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]