National Gazetteer (1868) - Fugglestone St Peter
"FUGGLESTONE ST. PETER, (or Fulstone, St. Peter), a parish in the hundred of Branch, county Wilts, 3 miles W. of Salisbury, its post town. It is situated at the junction of the rivers Willey and Nadder, close to the town of Wilton, where there is a station on the Salisbury section of the Great Western railway. The village forms a continuous appendage of the town of Wilton, and participates in its manufactures. The parish includes the chapelry of Bemerton, and the tything of Quidhampton. A monastery was founded here in early Saxon times, in which Ethelbert is said to have been buried. Afterwards a hospital for lepers was established on its site.
The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value with that of Bemerton annexed, of £482. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The register commences in 1658. There are endowments producing above £200 per annum, which are devoted to the hospitals of St. Giles and St. Mary Magdalene. Fairs, chiefly for sheep, are held on the 4th May and 12th September. The Earl of Pembroke is lord of the manor."
"QUIDHAMPTON, a tything in the parish of Fugglestone St. Peter, county Wilts, 1 mile from Wilton, its post town. It is situated on the river Wiley, and had once a monastery, in which King Ethelbert was buried in 827."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]