Hankerton

"HANKERTON, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 4 miles N.E. of Malmesbury, its post, town, and 4 W. of Minety railway station. It is a small straggling village, containing the tything of Cloatly. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £269. The church, dedicated to the Holy Cross, is an ancient structure, with a tower containing four bells. The parochial charities produce about £3 per annum. There is a National school. The Earl of Suffolk is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003]

Cemeteries

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Church Records

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gazetteers

History

Maps