"HIPPENSCOMBE, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Kinwardstone, county Wilts, 2½ miles N.E. of Chute, and 4 N.E. of Ludgershall."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Hippenscombe area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
We do not know of any records for Hippenscombe. Incorporated in Tidworth in 1879.
- A transcription of the section for Hippenscombe from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Hippenscombe from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Hippenscombe to another place.
- The entry for Hippenscombe from British History Online.
- View maps of Hippenscombe and places within its boundaries.