We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Homington
"HOMINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, county Wilts, 4 miles S.W. of Salisbury, its post town. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is situated on a branch of the river Avon. Much of the land is unenclosed. The soil is chalky, producing good crops of wheat and other grain. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments under an Enclosure Act in 1783. The living is a perpetual curacy, value £57, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury, who are impropriators."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]