"HULLAVINGTON, a parish in the hundreds of Malmesbury and Chippenham, county Wilts, 7 miles N.W. of Chippenham, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Malmesbury. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The parish contains the tything of Surrendral. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £455, and the vicarial for £165. Here is a meet for the Beaufort hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £194, in the patronage of Eton College. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient structure, with a square tower. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. The Independents, Primitive Methodists, and Baptists have chapels, and there is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]