Downtime: The Genuki web service will be unavailable on Tues 24 Apr from 10:00 BST for approximately two hours whilst some software updates are installed.
Open a form to report problems or contribute information
National Gazetteer (1868) - Inglesham
"INGLESHAM, a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 3 miles N. of Highworth, its post town, and 2 S. of Lechlade. Formerly a part of this parish was in the county of Berks. It is bounded on the N. and W. by the river Isis. The Thames and Severn canal commences here. The land is chiefly meadow and pasture. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £198. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £295, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a small structure, with an open campanile turret. It contains many curious details of Norman architecture, and some sculptured screen work. There is a parochial school."