"DEVERILL KINGSTON, a parish in the hundred of Mere, in the county of Wilts, 4 miles N.E. of Mere. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £308 per annum, in the patronage of the Marquis of Bath. The church contains an ancient font. The charities amount to £4."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
It appears under Deverill, Kingston in some list of parishes.
- St Mary, B3095, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Kingston Deverill area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Kingston Deverill, St Mary: (under 'Deverill Kingston' in the IGI)
- A transcription of the section for Kingston Deverill from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Kingston Deverill from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Kingston Deverill to another place.
- The entry for Kingston Deverill from British History Online.
- View maps of Kingston Deverill and places within its boundaries.