"LANDFORD, a parish in the hundred of Frustfield, county Wilts, 10 miles S.E. of Salisbury, its post town, and 6 S.W. of the Dean railway station. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated on a branch of the river Test, and on the road from Salisbury to Southampton. It is wholly agricultural. A third of the parish is unenclosed common, the remainder good arable, pasture, and meadow. A stream which has its rise in this parish flows into the Southampton Water. The substratum is rich in iron ore, but no mines have been opened. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £220. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £139. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, was recently erected. There is a parochial school. The manorhouse once belonged to Bishop Davenant."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Landford is 10 miles SE of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU255195. Postcode SP5 2AE. Population 226 in 1831, 492 in 1951.