"LEIGH, a chapelry in the parish of Ashton-Keynes, hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 2 miles N.E. of the Minety railway station, and 3 S.W. of Cricklade. It is situated on the river Thames. The charities produce about £25 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Leigh is 3 miles West of Cricklade. It was a chapelry in the parish of Ashton Keynes. Grid Ref SU062922. Postcode SN6 6RD. Population 267 in 1831, 304 in 1951.