National Gazetteer (1868) - Limpley Stoke
LIMPLEY-STOKE, a chapelry in the parish and hundred of Bradford on Avon, county Wilts, 3 miles W. of Bradford, its post town. It is a station on the Bathampton branch of the Wilts and Somerset railway. It is situated on the river Avon, and near the Kennet and Avon canal. It is joined with Winsley. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Bradford-on-Avon, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is a small structure dedicated to St. Mary.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]