"LIMPLEY-STOKE, a chapelry in the parish and hundred of Bradford on Avon, county Wilts, 3 miles W. of Bradford, its post town. It is a station on the Bathampton branch of the Wilts and Somerset railway. It is situated on the river Avon, and near the Kennet and Avon canal. It is joined with Winsley. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Bradford-on-Avon, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is a small structure dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Limpley Stoke is 3 miles West of Bradford on Avon, and 2 miles SE of Bath (Somerset). It was in the parish of Bradford on Avon. Grid Ref ST780608. Postcode BA3 6HE. Population 520 in 1951.
- St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Limpley Stoke area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Limpley Stoke, St Mary the Virgin:
- A transcription of the section for Limpley Stoke from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Limpley Stoke from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Limpley Stoke to another place.
- The entry for Limpley Stoke from British History Online.
- View maps of Limpley Stoke and places within its boundaries.