"BEDWIN, (or Bedwyn, Little), a parish and village in the hundred of Kinwardstone, in the county of Wilts, 1 mile to the N.E. of Great Bedwyn. It was anciently a part of Great Bedwyn; but was made a separate parish at the beginning of the 15th century. It is situated on the Kennet and Avon canal, and includes the hamlets of Chisbury and Timbridge. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £280, in the patronage of the prebendary. The church, an ancient edifice, partly in the Norman style, is dedicated to St. Michael. Chisbury Camp is in this parish. Within the entrenchment are the remains of an old chapel, now converted into a barn. The Wandsdyke passes through Little Bedwyn."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Little Bedwin or Little Bedwyn is 4 miles SW of Hungerford. Grid Ref SU292663. Postcode SN8 3JQ. Population 587 in 1831, 403 in 1951.
Note that it contains the village of Chisbury 4 miles West of Hungerford (grid ref SU 277633), adjacent to Great Bedwyn. The Little Guides - WILTSHIRE, by Frank R. Heath, 7th edition publ 1949, says:
Half-way along the road between Great and Little Bedwyn, a lane leads N. to Chisbury Camp, an Iron Age earthwork enclosing about 15 acres, commanding fine views S. towards the Hampshire downs and E. towards Hungerford. On the E. Edge of the camp and now incorporated with some farm buildings is St. Martin's chapel, a very beautiful little Dec. building of flint with thatched roof, now used as a barn
There is another Chisbury more often known as Chisenbury, 5 miles SW of Pewsey, at Grid SU140528.