Downtime: The Genuki web service will be unavailable on Tues 24 Apr from 10:00 BST for approximately two hours whilst some software updates are installed.
Open a form to report problems or contribute information
National Gazetteer (1868) - Little Hinton
"LITTLE HINTON, (or Hinton Parva), a parish in the hundred of Elstub and Everley, county Wilts, 6 miles E. of Swindon, and 4 S.W. of Shrivenham railway station. Farringdon is its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £520. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £444, in the patronage of the Bishop of Winchester. The church, dedicated to St. Swithin, has a tower containing four bells. The charities produce about £14 per annum."