National Gazetteer (1868) - Little Hinton
LITTLE HINTON, (or Hinton Parva), a parish in the hundred of Elstub and Everley, county Wilts, 6 miles E. of Swindon, and 4 S.W. of Shrivenham railway station. Farringdon is its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £520. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £444, in the patronage of the Bishop of Winchester. The church, dedicated to St. Swithin, has a tower containing four bells. The charities produce about £14 per annum.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]