National Gazetteer (1868) - Little Langford
"LITTLE LANGFORD, a parish in the hundred of Branch and Dole, county Wilts, 5 miles N.W. of Wilton, and 9 N.W. of Salisbury. Heytesbury is its post town. It is an inconsiderable village situated on the river Wiley, and near the high road to Bath. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £145. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £145. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is an ancient cruciform structure with a S. porch, Over which is some ancient sculpture. The Earl of Pembroke is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]