National Gazetteer (1868) - Little Somerford
"LITTLE SOMERFORD, a parish in the hundred of Malmesbury, county Wilts, 3 miles S.E. of Malmesbury, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £241. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is an ancient structure with a square tower. The Rev. Charles Wightwick is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]