National Gazetteer (1868) - Littleton Drew
LITTLETON DREW, (or Littleton St. Andrew), a parish in the hundred of Chippenham, county Wilts, 8 miles S.W. of Malmesbury, and 8 N.W. of Chippenham, its post town, and nearest railway station on the Great Western line. It is situated on the line of the ancient highway Ackman Street. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The soil is a cold clay. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £120. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £141, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is a very old edifice dedicated to All Saints. Traces of ancient burial-places exist, also the remains of a cromlech. The Duke of Beaufort is lord of the manor.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]