Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Lydiard Millicent
"LIDDIARD MILLICENT, (or Lydiard), a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 2 miles S. of Purton, its railway station and post town, and 3 N.E. of Wooton-Bassett. The village, which is small, is situated near the Great Western and Cheltenham railways, and the road from Cricklade to Wootton-Bassett passes through the parish. The surface is flat and the land generally in rich pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £495, in the patronage of Pembroke College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a tower containing five bells. It has recently undergone thorough repair. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]