MELCHET-PARK, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Alderbury, county Wilts, 9 miles S.E. of Salisbury. It has a Hindoo temple to the memory of Warren Hastings, erected by Daniell in 1800.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Melchet Park was an extra-parochial liberty and was in the South-East corner of Wiltshire, 9 miles SE of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU275223 is Melchet Court. Postcode SO51 6FS. Population 27 in 1831, for 1951 see Plaitford.
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Melchet Park area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
We are not aware of any records specific to this place.
- A transcription of the section for Melchet Park from
the National Gazetteer (1868).
- The entry for Melchet Park from
A Vision of Britain through time.
- Ask for the gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Melchet Park to another place.
- The entry for Melchet Park from British History Online.
- View maps of Melchet Park and places within its boundaries.